Incoming 6th Grade Orientation
Dear Incoming 6th Grade Families,
Hello Grizzlies!!! We are so excited to announce the information for our upcoming 6th Grade Orientation. This student only event will be a time for our incoming 6th graders to meet the administration, counselors and some of the teaching staff. Additionally, students will be able to take a tour of Granger and have some time to ask questions about how things work at Granger! It will also be a chance for us at Granger to introduce our awesome new students to “The Granger Way!”
Sign Up Process:
We have provided the following date and time options for the orientations. Your child only needs to attend one session.
August 10: 10:00-11:00 or 1:00-2:00
August 11: 10:00-11:00 or 1:00-2:00
August 12 10:00-11:00 or 1:00-2:00
August 13: 9:00-10:00, or 11:00-12:00, or 1:00-2:00
Please visit this link to sign up: Sign Up Genius
We would love to meet all our new 6th graders, but please know this is not a mandatory orientation. If you are uncomfortable sending your child, please don’t feel like you must.
Here are two presentations that were sent out last spring for our incoming 6th graders:
Staying Connected (Non Narrated Version)
Staying Connected Narrated Version
Health and Safety:
• Masks - Per Illinois Department of Public Health and Illinois State Board of Education guidance, we will be requiring all people in buildings to wear masks.
• Symptom checks - We will be implementing a self-certification process. All individuals entering our buildings will need to self-certify that they have no symptoms of COVID-19 and are fever-free.
• When students enter the building there will be a check in table where we will record their name.
• We will have chalk markings at the main entrance for students to stand and maintain social distancing as they are checking in.
• Once students check in, they will report to the cafeteria for the orientation.
• Seats will be set up in the cafeteria to maintain social distancing guidelines.
• If a student comes but does not have a mask, we will provide a mask for them.
Exciting times ahead!
Allan D. Davenport-Principal