PTSA Announces Reflections 2015-16
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 9/18/15
The theme for this year's PTSA Reflections Art Program is
“Let Your Imagination Fly…..”
Are you looking for a way to express yourself and show others your talent as a writer, composer, photographer, visual artist, choreographer or producer? We invite you to participate in the 2015-2016 PTSA’s Reflections Art Program.
The Reflections program is a national program sponsored by PTA, designed to encourage and recognize students for their creative expressions in the areas of Literature, Photography, Visual Arts, Dance/Choreography, Video/Production, and Musical Composition. There is also a Special Artist Division (see website for additional details).
The theme for this year is “Let Your Imagination Fly”
Think about the theme, what it means to you and then create an original piece of artwork in one of the six categories. Details of the program along with the entry form will be available in the school's office and on the Granger's website under PTSA “Reflections” tab. Please make sure that you follow the “General Rules” and the specific rules for the category in which you are submitting an entry.
Entries will be judged at the school level and some may advance to IPPC Council, then District level, State level, and National level, if you qualify.
Do you have a great idea for a theme? In addition to the Reflections program, the national PTA is also seeking a theme for the 2017-2018 Reflections program year. If you would like to submit an entry in this area please see the “Reflections Theme Search” entry form. If you send it to the office we will forward it to the State Chair for consideration.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Reflections Chair, Michelle Plummer at email@example.com.
All entries are due no later than October 16th, 2015. Please submit them to the school office addressed to “PTSA Reflections”.
When submitting an entry please keep the following in mind:
· Students may enter in any of the six categories and may enter as many times as they wish.
· Please make sure that you follow the “General Rules” and the specific rules for the category in which you are submitting an entry. (For example: there are specific and very different rules regarding the size of visual arts and photography piecesâ€” literature, dance, film, and music entries cannot exceed a specified length and a specific format may be required.)
· All entry forms must be completely filled out and include a ‘Title’ and an ‘Artist Statement’
· Each entry must be the original work of one student only.
· IPPC has requested that the original entry, plus two copies be submitted for all Dance/Choreography, Music Composition, and Film Production submission. If you need assistance in making copies please contact the Chair.
· Student Entry Form
· General Rules for Participation
· Special Artist Division Rules
· Theme Search Entry Form
· Detailed Rules Dance/Choreography
· Detailed Rules Film Production
Detailed Rules Music Composition
Detailed Rules Literature
Detailed Rules Photography
Detailed Rules Visual Arts
Edit This Story